You shouldn’t have to live in the mountains when really you want live by the beach, just because you’ve got a dog. And there’s certainly no need to wait to go to the beach with your dog until after dark, when no one’s around to give you a fine. That’s because there’s loads of options for dogs to go with you to the beach in Spain, have a swim in the sea and play for hours on the seashore.
Today we’re looking at some of the best dog friendly beaches in Spain where you can go any day of the year (yes, even in summer) at any time and where there are lots of other dogs to play with.
The Costa del Sol
The Costa del Sol is internationally known for its beaches, but did you know that you can also enjoy them with your pet? If you are thinking of moving to the Costa del Sol with your dog, these are the best pet-friendly beaches to be found:
- Dog Beach “el Pinillo”: Located a few minutes from the center, and just a few meters from the Arco de Marbella. It is one of the best dog beaches in the area. It even has benches to enjoy a picnic on the beach! There is also parking nearby and a fantastic promenade with chiringuitos all around. Don’t miss it!
- Dog Beach “Ventura del Mar”: Our dogs can also enjoy now Puerto Banús beaches. Located next to the Urb. The rodeo, this beach is a little rockier than the previous one. Even so, the furry ones of the house will enjoy running and refreshing themselves in the water.
- Beach for Dogs “El Castello”: A few minutes’ walk from the castle of Sohail in Fuengirola. On this beach, in addition to enjoying the company of our dogs, we can do a bit of historical tourism and walk through the castle park, a fortress built more than 1000 years ago.
- Beach for Dogs “Carvajal”: In the city of Benalmádena, pets also go on holiday. This beach also has showers for dogs, Therefore the sand is no longer an excuse!
- Beach for dogs “Piedra Paloma” : Only 15 minutes from Estepona is this fantastic canine beach where not only pets will have fun. Charge your phone, you are going to take many photos!
If you’ve fallen in love with the Costa del Sol and its beaches, don’t hesitate and take a look at our best beach properties along the coast. What do you prefer? A private villa, a townhouse with garden, or an apartment with a large terrace with views. All of them are ideal to live with your family and your pet!
The Orihuela Costa area has 11 dog friendly beaches. Hopefully this summer there will be more …
All the canine beaches in the area are available throughout the year
- Caleta dels Gossets (Santa Pola). It is the best rated canine beach in the province. Its soil is rock and fine sand, and it is being studied to perhaps also use the neighbouring beach
- Punta del Riu Beach (Campello). Is a small pebble beach with calm waters, ideal for small dogs or that are afraid of the water.
- Barranc D’Aigües Beach (Campello). Is surrounded by nature. Quite difficult to access and very quiet, ideal for those seeking a more intimate beach.
- Vilera del Xarco (Villajoyosa). Small stone cove and difficult access located south of the municipality and devoid of services.
- The Agua Amarga Beach (Alicante). Although this beach for dogs of Alicante is open to our dogs all year. During high season you can enjoy the services offered, such as a beach bar and cleaning service.
- Beach of Escollera Norte (Dénia). It is, according to many, the worst canine beach in the province. It occupies a small area full of algae. It may be feasible for your dog to have a few runs, but little else …
- Playa Mar Y Monatana (Altea). Small and quiet stone beach, always visited by dog owners.
- Lobella cove (Benissa) . It is the latest beach for dogs in the Valencian Community. With rocky soil and formed by boulders, this small cove is also ideal for diving enthusiasts.
- Cala Les Urques (Calpe) . Small wild beach of stony ground located next to the marina of the town.
- Las playas Cala del Moro and Punta Margalla (Torrevieja ) These opened in June 2018 and are proving to be very popular.
If you’ve fallen in love with the Orihuela Costa and its beaches, don’t hesitate and take a look at our best beach properties in the area. What do you prefer? a private villa, a townhouse with garden, or an apartment with a large terrace with views. All of them are ideal to live with your family and your pet!
The is only one really good one in this area and it is:
Cala del Xarco – This might be a small beach , but its rocks and pools will prove to be a fun-filled seaside playground for your four-legged friends. Canines are welcome all year round, and at any time of day on this pebbled beach, so that they, too, can enjoy the salty waters of the Costa Blanca.
If you’ve fallen in love with the Murcia area and its beaches, don’t hesitate and take a look at our best beach properties in Murcia. What do you prefer? a private villa, a townhouse with garden, or an apartment with a large terrace with views. All of them are ideal to live with your family and your pet!